CDB Software North America
Who we are
CDB Software, Inc. is a leader in data management solutions for DB2 z/OS. CDB focuses its business on DB2 for z/OS to provide unique and innovative solutions that enable companies to expand their DB2 system to meet business needs while controlling the overall cost of the mainframe. Founded in 1985, CDB is a privately held corporation based in Houston, Texas with offices worldwide. For more information about CDB, visit www.cdbsoftware.com.
- Founded in 1985
- Headquarters in Houston, TX
- International offices in the UK, France, Germany, and China; International distribution partners in over 45 countries including Italy, Spain, Denmark, Mexico, Australia, Korea, Japan, Brazil, and Israel
CDB enables businesses to meet growing DB2 demands by improving data management processes with intelligent solutions.
Commitment to Excellence
CDB has been an innovator in the DB2 industry for over 20 years. CDB became one of the first, if not the first company to introduce ISV (Independent Service Vendor) products for DB2 in 1986 with the introduction of DB2 administration tools. CDB again showed leadership in DB2 when, in 1992 it developed the first ISV utility suite for DB2. Over the past two decades, CDB has continued leading the industry in technological advances that enables DB2 to meet business needs.
CDB has met the growing DB2 demands with easy-to-use, cost-effective, automated database management products. These are referred to as Intelligent Data Management (IDM) Solutions. CDB IDM Solutions combine intelligent internal processing technology with built-in automation and decision-making capability to produce powerful products for DB2 environments.
Advanced IBM Partner
CDB Software, Inc. is an Advanced Member of the IBM PartnerWorld for Developers. Advanced level Business Partners have committed to maintaining a prosperous business relationship with IBM and are recognized and rewarded for that commitment. Advanced Members must have qualified skills, revenue achievements, and demonstrated that their IBM-based solutions have been successfully implemented at customer sites through customer experiences. CDB maintains its registered solution in the IBM PartnerWorld Program through a partner portal, and the IBM Global Solutions Directory.
- First Admin Tool for DB2 – "Let’s See DB2" (1986)
- First DB2 Dataset Analyzer – "CDB/SMU" (1987)
- First REXX to DB2 integration product – "CDB/REXX" (1992) – Remained the only until DSNREXX (V7 DB2)
- First No-Sort Reorg (1992) – remains the only No-Sort Reorg
- First Utility Automation (1994) – remains the only internal exit driven automation
- First Partition Management Tools (1996)
- First Online Utilities
- Online Reorg (February 1997)
- Online Copy (1997)
- Online Unload (1997)
- First Parallel Index Reorg for Non-Partitioned Indexes – "REORG XL" (1999)
- First DB2 Utilities specifically designed for SAP R3 (1999)
- First Online Schema Change Utility – "AutoConvert" (2000)
- First online ISV Quiesce Product for DB2 – "CDB/Quiesce" (2001)
- First "Hands Free" DB2 Recovery Solutions (2003)
- First DB2 Utilities capable of handling largest DB2 objects possible (2006)